Career opportunities at Bocconcino Restaurant
To be the first point of contact for all guests at Bocconcino. You will meet, greet and seat all guests in a professional, courteous and friendly manner whilst ensuring that the restaurant seating plan is adhered to and that our business profile is maximised.
As a Receptionist you will also be required to receive and handle calls and enquiries in the most professional and friendly manner. This will include all incoming reservations and enquiries for Bocconcino London.
The ideal person for this role will have experience of working at a high standard level in a customer facing role within a restaurant or hotel environment. An exceptional telephone manner and an ability to work well within a team are essential. A flexible approach to working hours is essential as the role involves working days, evenings and weekends on a shift basis.
- To manage incoming calls for restaurant reservations as well as any other general enquiries
- To ensure that all customer bookings are made correctly, all relevant details are taken and that guests are informed of all relevant information regarding their booking.
- To co-ordinate daily all guest bookings and ensure that any special requirements are recorded and communicated to the reception agents on duty.
- To communicate all guest information/special requests to the host team and other reservationists
- To provide the highest standard of customer service to all of our guests, never forgetting that the reservationists is the first point of contact for Bocconcino
- To ensure that any guest feedback received by telephone/e-mail is either referred to the Reception/Reservations Manager or forwarded to the relevant restaurant manager
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
- Proven working experience as receptionist in hospitality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional appearance
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organise, multitask, prioritise and work under pressure
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- receptionist: 2 year
Waiting Staff & Bartenders
-Minimum 2 years experience in London’s top restaurants
-Excellent level of spoken English
-Exceptional knowledge of food and beverage
-Outstanding social and interpersonal skills
-Meticulous attention to detail
-High standards with regards to personal appearance
-Mise en place
-Taking food and drink orders
-Serving tables with a friendly attitude
-Providing a complete dining experience
In return we will offer you:
- meal on duty
- great pay rate + service charge + tips
Job Type: Full-time
Please apply if you are interested in the role and we will contact you back within 2 days - email email@example.com or fill out the form below.